The first day of spring is just four days away, but why not get a head start on that green thumb? This evening, Southampton’s Madoo Conservancy is hosting a talk in Manhattan on garden design. The guest speaker is Belgium-based landscape architect Peter Wirtz of Witz International, which was founded in 1948 by his father Jacques. Not only is the company responsible for the current look of Paris’ Jardin du Carrousel in the Tuileries — among other gorgeous gardens throughout Europe — but it has a superstar client roster, peppered with names like Catherine Deneuve, Valentino, Raf Simons and the Belgian royal family. Get tickets for the 6 PM event here.
P.S. Those who can’t make the talk should still make a mental bookmark on Madoo. Created by artist and painter Robert Dash, it’s a garden paradise out in Sagaponack, complete with a gingko grove, an Elizabethan knot garden and kitchen gardens… Madoo — which means “my dove” in old Scottish — reopens on May 8.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 6.20.18 To Read: The Photographer in the Garden
- Entertaining 6.18.18 Landscape Designer Fernando Wong On: Summer Garden Tips
- Entertaining 6.13.18 Wine Director Helen Johannesen On: Summer Wine 101
- Entertaining 5.29.18 Spotlight On: Ice Cream Season Is Here!
- Entertaining 5.25.18 Editors’ Tip: Top 10 Hostess Gifts