Produced by Hollywood bigwig Scott Rudin and co-starring Rita Wilson and Rosie Perez, among others, Fish in the Dark is a dark comedy about a death in the family. It was, unsurprisingly to those familiar with David’s characters and career, inspired by a real-life moment: David got the idea while sitting shiva in L.A. Expect heart, but also laughs — yes, even though the plot circles around a funeral. After all, this is a man who turned a show about “nothing” into an award-winning, side-splitting weekly affair.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles
- Beauty 3.19.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Tenoverten Entrepreneurs Nadine Abramcyk & Adair Ilyinsky
- Culture 3.18.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Bygone Badass Broads
- Culture 3.15.18 #EmbraceAmbition: FounderMade’s Meghan Asha on Top Entrepreneur Tips
- Culture 3.14.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Introducing New York’s City of Women