The story behind Beverly Hills candy shop Sugarfina is like something out of a rom-com movie. Founders Rosie O’Neill and Josh Resnick met online and, on their third date, went to see a screening of the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Something clicked. Why shouldn’t there be gourmet candy… for adults? They talked. They brainstormed. They left their jobs, traveled the world researching confections and, in 2012, after nearly three years of dating, launched Sugarfina, which just opened a second outpost in L.A. It’s a tale as sweet as, well, their ice cream sundae malt balls, gummy piglets, honey-infused jelly beans (above) and champagne marshmallows dipped in 24K gold.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 3.21.19 The Very Glamorous Life of Veere Grenney
- Entertaining 3.14.19 The Dynamic Duo Behind Dumpling Joint Mimi Cheng’s
- Entertaining 3.14.19 The Social Network at the AllBright Club in London
- Entertaining 2.9.19 Something to Sip on, Robinsway Fizz
- Entertaining 1.30.19 Just One Thing: Jugs as Vases