You know that old adage, don’t judge a book by its cover? We’re going to ask you to put that on hold for now and wander over to our new favorite site, Book Cover Archive, which puts the spotlight squarely on those surface details. Founded by Ben Pieratt and Eric Jacobsen, BCA celebrates excellence in cover design, with handy guides that allow you to filter by art director, photographer and illustrator — even by typeface. Get to know the rock stars of the industry, like Chip Kidd, or discover whether you’re a Futura or an Alternate Gothic kind of girl. Or simply scroll through beautiful cover after beautiful cover. It’s a world to get lost in, equal parts style and substance.
More to explore in Culture
- Beauty Mother’s Day: Ivanka Trump on Children Books & Family Heirlooms Wed, May 6, 2015
- Culture Met Gala Spotlight On: Actress Maggie Q Tue, May 5, 2015
- Culture To See: A Celebration of Chinese Inspiration at The Met Tue, May 5, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day Entrepreneurs: Baby2Baby’s Kelly Sawyer Patricof & Norah Weinstein Sun, May 3, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer & DJ Brooke Williams on Raising a Future Jedi Master Sat, May 2, 2015