You know that old adage, don’t judge a book by its cover? We’re going to ask you to put that on hold for now and wander over to our new favorite site, Book Cover Archive, which puts the spotlight squarely on those surface details. Founded by Ben Pieratt and Eric Jacobsen, BCA celebrates excellence in cover design, with handy guides that allow you to filter by art director, photographer and illustrator — even by typeface. Get to know the rock stars of the industry, like Chip Kidd, or discover whether you’re a Futura or an Alternate Gothic kind of girl. Or simply scroll through beautiful cover after beautiful cover. It’s a world to get lost in, equal parts style and substance.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 5.20.17 London Issue: To Do, David Hockney at Tate Britain
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: Wunderhaus’ Shirley Erskine-Schreyer on Parenting & Family Surprises
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: To Do, Celebrate Moms
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: To Read, Sophie Calle’s Rachel Monique
- Culture 5.11.17 Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice