“Attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places” — that’s how photographer Slim Aarons described his glamorizing shots of the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies beau monde. Judge for yourself — and bask in that jet-set place in the sun — at New York’s Staley-Wise Gallery, which is holding an exhibit of his works including some never-before-seen photographs. Babe Paley, Diana Vreeland, Noel Coward, Peggy Guggenheim, Gloria Swanson, Marianne Faithfull and Mick Jagger… Find them all, in their element, at Slim Aarons: A Man for All Seasons, on view till June 28.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015