“Attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places” — that’s how photographer Slim Aarons described his glamorizing shots of the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies beau monde. Judge for yourself — and bask in that jet-set place in the sun — at New York’s Staley-Wise Gallery, which is holding an exhibit of his works including some never-before-seen photographs. Babe Paley, Diana Vreeland, Noel Coward, Peggy Guggenheim, Gloria Swanson, Marianne Faithful and Mick Jagger… Find them all, in their element, at Slim Aarons: A Man for All Seasons, on view till June 28.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015