The unveiling also marks the end of a two-year, $40 million renovation to the museum’s fashion wing — its first major modernization since 1992. See the upgrades when the new center’s inaugural show, dedicated to couturier Charles James, opens May 8.
More to explore in Style
- Style Mother’s Day: Editors’ Entertaining Tip Wed, May 4, 2016
- Style Mother’s Day: Jewelry Designer Emily Satloff & Son Wed, May 4, 2016
- Style Day in the Life: Mindy Kaling’s Met Gala Day Tue, May 3, 2016
- Style Spotlight On: Met Gala 2016 Tue, May 3, 2016
- Style Mother’s Day: Word of Mouth, Vogue Colors A to Z Mon, May 2, 2016