The unveiling also marks the end of a two-year, $40 million renovation to the museum’s fashion wing — its first major modernization since 1992. See the upgrades when the new center’s inaugural show, dedicated to couturier Charles James, opens May 8.
More to explore in Style
- Style Vogue’s Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis On: Icons & Fall Fashion Thu, Sep 25, 2014
- Style Day in the Life: Jewelry Designer Caroline Ventura Tue, Sep 23, 2014
- Style Look We Love: Prints, Double or Nothing Tue, Sep 16, 2014
- Style Most Wanted: Calf-Hair Saddlebag Mon, Sep 15, 2014
- Fashion Week NYFW Best Dressed: Tabitha Simmons Sat, Sep 13, 2014