The unveiling also marks the end of a two-year, $40 million renovation to the museum’s fashion wing — its first major modernization since 1992. See the upgrades when the new center’s inaugural show, dedicated to couturier Charles James, opens May 8.
More to explore in Style
- Style Most Wanted: Vilette, The Print of the Season Tue, Sep 27, 2016
- Style Entrepreneur: Buro 24/7’s Miroslava Duma Fri, Sep 23, 2016
- Style Tory On: The Vilette Print Wed, Sep 21, 2016
- Style Video: Gemini Link in Action Tue, Sep 20, 2016
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Gemini Link Street-Chic Tue, Sep 20, 2016