Sir Rocco Forte is famous for many things, among them his glamorous globetrotting lifestyle and his ability to compete in Ironman competitions well past the age of most of his fellow competitors. Most importantly, however, he’s renowned for his Midas touch with hotels — if you’ve ever spent a night at Brown’s in London or the Russie in Rome, you know why. So if you’re headed to Munich — where we recently opened a boutique — check out The Charles, an Art Deco beauty right by the city’s famed Old Botanical Gardens. It’s the perfect mix of old-world Bavarian charm and modern European sensibility… with a simply spectacular indoor pool (above).
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Editor J.J. Martin On: Capri & Getaway Packing Tips Mon, Aug 18, 2014
- Travel Insider’s Guide: Joey Wölffer’s Hamptons Sat, Aug 16, 2014
- Travel Getaway: Designer Julia Leach’s Sweden Wed, Aug 13, 2014
- Travel Getaway: Fashionista’s Lauren Sherman on Japan Mon, Aug 11, 2014
- Travel Word of Mouth: The Ranch at Live Oak Malibu Fri, Jul 18, 2014