Tory and friends celebrate the Barnes Foundation in Philadelphia
It was a New York art world moment — about 90 miles south, give or take, in the leafy environs of Philadelphia.
On Wednesday evening, Tory co-hosted a dinner at the Barnes Foundation, where she’s a new board member, to shine a spotlight on the institution’s storied collections and some newer exhibits, like Yinka Shonibare’s Magic Ladders show. Here’s your exclusive glimpse at the event — which included guests such as Jeff Koons, Vito Schnabel and Simon and Michaela de Pury. Plus learn what Dr. Samantha Boardman — who was a co-host with Salon 94 gallerist Jeanne Greenberg-Rohatyn — has to say about the night and her personal art obsessions…
Favorite moment of the night…
That “pinch me now” moment as you enter the Barnes galleries and are enveloped by the ensembles. It is elevating.
Favorite work or room at the Barnes Foundation…
I love van Gogh’s portrait of a postman. It is a captivating picture and placed in a by-the-way place in the corner of the second gallery. It’s an interesting juxtaposition of a somewhat rough-appearing-though-kind man with a beautiful background. The eyes are especially captivating and convey goodness and decency. There is a quiet dignity about this man that is mesmerizing.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: #ElephantYogaChallenge Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Spotlight On: Actress & Photographer Jiang Yiyan Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: To Read, The Intelligent Conversationalist Sun, Aug 14, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: Summer Dinner Party Playlist Thu, Aug 11, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Sun, Jul 31, 2016