The song, the vibe, the colors, the prints, the Sapeurs. All of it good. We’re still obsessed with Solange Knowles’ Losing You video. She was inspired by the work of Brooklyn-based artist Mickalene Thomas and even shot her teaser video at Thomas’ studio. Step further into the bodaciously wild prints and color (with rhinestones!) of Thomas’ work right now at the Brooklyn Museum and Lehmann Maupin gallery.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Culture Mother’s Day: Jennifer Rudolph Walsh On Kids & Reading Fri, May 3, 2013