A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Behind Design: David Netto’s Bookshelves Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Culture Kate Foley On: Fashion Reads & Haute Havisham Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture Tory On: Her Favorite Books Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture To Do: Mario Testino’s Alta Moda Sat, Jun 15, 2013
- Culture Behind Design: Meet Art Director Anna Karlin Mon, Jun 10, 2013