Things aren’t always as they seem. It’s a statement that applies to artist Peter Doig in more ways than one. For starters, although he was born in Edinburgh and went to school at London’s famed Central Saint Martins, you can’t exactly brand him a UK artist; he grew up in Trinidad and Canada, and now calls the former home. His artwork is similarly hard to pin down and reads part dreamscape, part photo and film scene. Judge for yourself at his new solo exhibit at Michael Werner’s London gallery, which is open through December 22nd.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Culture Mother’s Day: Jennifer Rudolph Walsh On Kids & Reading Fri, May 3, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: The Kentucky Derby Fri, May 3, 2013