What is it about Larry Gagosian’s annual Thursday night dinner at Mr. Chow that’s made it one of the hottest Oscar week invites for the last 15 years? We think it’s the eclectic mix of people from all creative walks. You might find yourself enjoying squab-in-lettuce wraps next to Anjelica Huston or waiting in the valet line behind Tom Ford. Or discussing appropriation in fashion vs. art with Richard Prince, whose new Cowboys exhibit at the Beverly Hills Gagosian Gallery is the cause for this year’s celebration. While the guest list changes each year, there’s one thing you can count on: cool conversations about subjects other than just movies — a near impossibility during Oscar week.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Goodreads’ Elizabeth Chandler On: Good Reads Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Author Lea Carpenter On: The NYPL & The Written Word Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Behind Design: David Netto’s Bookshelves Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Culture Kate Foley On: Fashion Reads & Haute Havisham Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture Tory On: Her Favorite Books Mon, Jun 17, 2013