Donna Karan and Stephan Weiss are one of fashion’s most enduring love stories. They met by chance when she was just 19, went their separate ways and found their way back to each other a decade later. They were married for 18 years before Weiss passed away from lung cancer in 2001. Weiss was Karan’s business partner, yes, but in many ways her muse. He was an artist in his own right, and now, Karan has put his sculptures and drawings on display at Urban Zen. If you’re in town for the holidays, stop by to see Connecting the Dots.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Ellsworth Kelly at The Barnes Foundation Thu, May 23, 2013
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013