- What inspired Spring 2013?
The American prep remix and the idea of a stylish magpie who travels the world and picks up unique and beautiful things wherever she goes. When she gets back, she pairs them with her classic silhouettes and shapes.
- What look were you wearing on the runway?
I wore our blouse and skirt in our wheat print from the collection. Yellow and this wheat motif are big for us for spring — they’re a bright and optimistic message.
- What are some of your other favorite looks?
We took tie-dye — this humble and traditionally bohemian fabric — and created structured silhouettes, like a polo dress. It epitomizes that prep remix. The tie-dye on the runway was hand-dyed by women artisans we commissioned in Guinea.
- And accessories?
This is a great way to tap into the spirit of spring — everything feels like it was picked up in a bazaar or market…. We detailed bags, shoes and jewelry with mirror-work, cowrie shells, embroidery and straw.
See all all the news from the Spring 2013 runway here.
More to explore in Experts
- Experts Cat’s Meow: Iman Tue, May 21, 2013
- Experts What’s Your Sign? Gemini Mon, May 20, 2013
- Style Entrepreneur Talk: Terra New York Sat, May 18, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Experts Mother’s Day: Vietri’s Susan Gravely On Working With Family Sat, May 11, 2013