Must-read is an understated review of Jess Walter’s latest novel Beautiful Ruins. In a story that goes from a sun-kissed 1960s coastal town in Italy to present-day Hollywood (with a timeline jump to WWII), Walters’ signature wit is in peak form. As sprawling as the various narratives and characters — including Richard Burton circa Cleopatra — are, it makes for a beautiful read.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Behind Design: David Netto’s Bookshelves Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Culture Kate Foley On: Fashion Reads & Haute Havisham Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture Tory On: Her Favorite Books Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture To Do: Mario Testino’s Alta Moda Sat, Jun 15, 2013
- Culture Behind Design: Meet Art Director Anna Karlin Mon, Jun 10, 2013