Just add blue (a beautifully basic blue button-down, that is). That is legendary photographer Lord Snowdon’s secret to making a great portrait of one of his famed subjects — David Bowie, Serge Gainsbourg and countless others — even greater. These portraits are collected in Snowdon Blue, a book his daughter Frances von Hofmannsthal penned in collaboration with Swedish denim label Acne, which has created a limited edition collection of just these kinds of shirts.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Ellsworth Kelly at The Barnes Foundation Thu, May 23, 2013
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013