When Elsa met Miuccia — it’s the premise behind this year’s exhibit from the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum. For Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, director Baz Luhrmann (of Moulin Rouge fame) created videos of simulated conversations between the two great designers, drawing a straight line between their ideas and designs, from their unconventional ideas of beauty to their love of exotic materials and surreal details. Tonight, the fashion flock is lining up the red carpet — the Vogue editors in Schiaparelli’s signature pink — in celebration at the annual Met Gala.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Ellsworth Kelly at The Barnes Foundation Thu, May 23, 2013
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013