This Mother’s Day, fashion consultant and philanthropist Lillian Von Stauffenberg, reminds us that sometimes the only person who really knows how to help heal a broken heart is mom. A story about traveling with her mother, Lucille Wang.
“I remember a trip to China I took with my mom when I was 28. I took a break from working and had just broken up with my then boyfriend. I was telling my mom my woes and she suggested we just go to China and travel! She made all the arrangements and we were off within the week. We travelled for a month and went to Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Hong Kong. She showed me the places where she grew up, we went sight seeing, we shopped a lot and shared hotel rooms. We had a fabulous time. I realized my mom was a great sport and an amazing friend.”
More to explore in Mother’s Day
- Experts Mother’s Day: Vietri’s Susan Gravely On Working With Family Sat, May 11, 2013
- Mother's Day Mother’s Day: Rosaria Pugliese & The Dueñas Sisters Fri, May 10, 2013
- Mother's Day Best Dressed: First Mom Mrs. Obama Thu, May 9, 2013
- Mother's Day Mother’s Day: Maria Cornejo & Bibi Borthwick Thu, May 9, 2013
- Mother's Day Mother’s Day: Veronica Webb On Daughters & Papadine Alaïa Thu, May 9, 2013