Sat, December 29, 2012
When the craving for a burrito stuffed with wild-caught Cajun fish hits, head to Wahoo’s, a taco spot with a Mexican/Brazilian/Asian menu and a Hawaiian surf-inspired vibe. The two Honolulu-based Wahoo’s are owned by sisters Stephanie Pietsch Gambetta and Noel Pietsch Shaw, who spent 10 minutes with us.
- When starting a company you must…
- Stephanie: Have a clear vision of your long term goal.
Noel: Be confident and full of energy.
- The best business advice you’ve ever received is…
- Stephanie: Each day is a new day.
Noel: To rely on your network and to develop a board of those more experienced than you. People like to help. You just need to ask.
- I love what I do because…
- Stephanie: It’s a vehicle to touch so many people.
Noel: I’m never in the office stuck behind a computer. It feels wonderful to create jobs.
- Never be afraid of…
- Stephanie: Taking a calculated risk.
Noel: Your weaknesses.
- My best talent is…
- Stephanie: Like a true mother I’m a multitasker.
Noel: I’m willing to do anything. I wear many hats.
- My biggest challenge is…
- Stephanie: Finding a comfortable balance between my professional and family lives.
Noel: Living for today and not worrying about the future.
- I have overcome those challenges by…
- Stephanie: Managing expectations.
Noel: Celebrating the highs of each day and enjoying where I am today.
- I hope…
- Stephanie: My passion for trying new things continues to grow.
Noel: My kids look at my career and are proud.
More to explore in Experts
- Experts Cat’s Meow: Iman Tue, May 21, 2013
- Experts What’s Your Sign? Gemini Mon, May 20, 2013
- Style Entrepreneur Talk: Terra New York Sat, May 18, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Experts Mother’s Day: Vietri’s Susan Gravely On Working With Family Sat, May 11, 2013