When titans met (sort of). In its upcoming Turner Monet Twombly: Later Painting, the Tate Liverpool is bringing together masters JMW Turner, Claude Monet and Cy Twombly. All three were fascinated by landscapes but translated them so differently. While London is gearing up for the upcoming Olympics, this is the perfect chance to stop and appreciate the waterlilies, the lake and the poplars.
Monet’s Poplars on the Epte, 1891 Tate, 2011
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Culture Mother’s Day: Jennifer Rudolph Walsh On Kids & Reading Fri, May 3, 2013