For Hilary Lambert, founder of American Sports Bra, the answer to the question “Should I work out today?” should almost always be “Yes.” Here, she reminds us of the basics.
FIND YOUR OWN THING
“Find something you like to do: walk, dance around your house, swim, work out with a DVD — anything that works for your body. Not everyone likes yoga, spinning or running….”
TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
“Drink water, sleep, breathe and eat right. Try stretching gently for 5 minutes every day.”
GET PSYCHED TO MOVE!
“Do whatever you need to get pumped up — listen to music, find a photo of someone who really inspires you and put it on your wall… Tell yourself: ‘I am going for a run to make myself feel happy and alive!’”
More to explore in Experts
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Experts Mother’s Day: Vietri’s Susan Gravely On Working With Family Sat, May 11, 2013
- Mother's Day Mother’s Day: Marjorie Gubelmann On Gubelmom Wed, May 8, 2013
- Experts Mother’s Day: Dr. Sam On Mother-Child Relationships Sat, May 4, 2013
- Experts Eric Schmidt On: The New Digital Age Thu, May 2, 2013