1. The first thing you should do when you walk into a party is thank the host or hostess.
2. Bring something — anything — as a party favor.
3. Do at a party what you would want someone to do at your party.
4. Avoid being cliquish. If you’re holding court, invite wallflowers into your circle.
5. If you spill something, take responsibility, grab a rag and club soda and clean it up.
6. Before you go, you must thank a hostess for having you.
7. Send a thank-you note.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Goodreads’ Elizabeth Chandler On: Good Reads Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Author Lea Carpenter On: The NYPL & The Written Word Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Behind Design: David Netto’s Bookshelves Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Culture Kate Foley On: Fashion Reads & Haute Havisham Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture Tory On: Her Favorite Books Mon, Jun 17, 2013