Following in the footsteps of Gilda, Carol and Lucille, the latest crop of comediennes is putting its own knee-slapping, hilarious spin on entertainment — wrapped in a prettier package, at that. Case in point: Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and company have everyone talking, including the dudes who revel in slapstick summer comedies. We’re all for this new breed of female empowerment that’s taking back the laugh.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Culture Mother’s Day: Jennifer Rudolph Walsh On Kids & Reading Fri, May 3, 2013