Between the film fests and talk of summer blockbusters, we’ve got movies on the mind — especially the chic kind, like those from the French New Wave that gave us actresses like Jean Seberg, Catherine Deneuve, Anna Karina and Anouk Aimée. Aimée, above, brought a certain stylish savoir-faire to both her acting and her look in classics like A Man and A Woman and 8 1/2.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Ellsworth Kelly at The Barnes Foundation Thu, May 23, 2013
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013