For decades, the stylish world has been fascinated by Gloria Vanderbilt—muse, designer and author (sometimes racily so). These days, Vanderbilt is usually found at her easel, creating Impressionistic paintings, lithographs, collages and “dream boxes.” Turns out, her style is as colorful as her life, both of which you can glimpse in her new book The World of Gloria Vanderbilt, with a foreward by her famous silver-haired son Anderson Cooper. Even her apartment is treated like a canvas—walls are pink one day, green the next.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Author Lea Carpenter On: The NYPL & The Written Word Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Behind Design: David Netto’s Bookshelves Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Culture Kate Foley On: Fashion Reads & Haute Havisham Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture Tory On: Her Favorite Books Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture To Do: Mario Testino’s Alta Moda Sat, Jun 15, 2013